Friday, October 28, 2011

Street Signs & Wonders

Went for a long walk this morning from my house to Express Avenue Mall, a brand spanking new shopping complex in downtown Chennai.  Took these photos along the way.





The monsoons have started bringing daily storms and flooded streets.  Sand flooded at Marina Beach.


A beautiful building along Marina Beach,  the Vivekanandar House where Swami Vivekanandar stayed for a short time with his family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Swami_Vivekananda-1893-09-signed.jpg



A gateway along Marina Beach Road



Cows Rule


The signs and store fronts fascinate me.




I like the eyes on this poster.


No Parking in Fround of Gate


I love this wall.


A wonderful accidental collage of posters upon posters.


My personal favorite





Pandy Pan House


Banana Kart


Street Pancakes


I love how this tree strikes a dramatic pose with the wall




 Yellow Yellow


My coffee at the Express Avenue Mall

This website is not an official department website.  The views and information are the English Language Fellow's own and do not represent the English Language Fellow Program or the U.S. State Department.